Creating next generation photo editing apps
Appostrophe is a Stockholm-based indie developer of popular mobile applications. We develop our own products—mainly graphic design and photo editing apps for iOS—and distribute them across millions of users. Our portfolio includes SCRL, Text Art and Add Text, three top-listed graphic design apps in the US. We’re a small, friendly team that enjoy working together in central Stockholm and are looking for more like-minded people to join our mission.
We’re looking for a full-stack web developer that will be responsible for building the back-end of our iOS apps and related web applications such as admin panels and dashboards.
We use Node.js, Postgres and AWS and in your role you will be able to both build out our existing back-end as well as design new systems that you may architect yourself. Our apps serve millions of users and reliability and performance are top priorities.
A few examples of responsibilities are:
- Developing REST API-endpoints to be used by our apps
- Managing large scale Postgres databases and looking after their performance
- Managing AWS S3 and Cloudfront to store and retrieve images and other data
- Building user-facing admin panels for managing content and analytics
- Testing and configuring deployments and scaling systems to more users
- Integrating third-party services such as payments and AdTech solutions
The role includes a lot of freedom and you will have a large influence on our back-end systems and their architectures. You will also be an early member of a fast-growing start-up team and be able to have impact across the entire company.